Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Freedom Service Dogs! We could not accomplish our mission without the help of so many amazing volunteers from our community- people just like you!
- Complete the online application. First impressions are very important! Please be sure to fill out the application as thoroughly as possible- we want to match you to your dream position!
- Submit your online background check. In an effort to keep our clients, dogs, staff, and fellow volunteers safe, we require all volunteers to submit a background check through a third-party background check provider. The cost of the background check is $18, payable by credit card.
- Q&A. The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you once your Volunteer Application and Background check has been processed. The prospective volunteer and Volunteer Coordinator will discuss expectations for “Friends of Freedom” Volunteers, address common questions, and so much more!
- Attend Volunteer Orientation and Dog Handling 101. These trainings are designed to give the volunteer a thorough understanding of our history, programs, training philosophy, and some practical advice on how to handle a Freedom dog. Other trainings may be required, based on your desired position.
- Sign up for shifts in the online database. Congratulations, you’re officially a “Friends of Freedom” Volunteer! Welcome to the family!