Group Volunteer Days
Thank you and your group for your interest in supporting Freedom Service Dogs by volunteering with us! Many of the groups who have volunteered here in the past have helped us in exceptional ways: changing out the pea gravel in the play yards; helping with building maintenance, assisting in the kennels, and so much more! A few things to keep in mind…
- Volunteer groups assist our caretaking staff with dog care duties, which can include (but are certainly not limited to): cleaning kennels, folding laundry, sweeping/mopping, power-washing, and more. There are special projects throughout the year that may be appropriate for your group.
- The primary activity will not involve interaction with dogs directly, but you will be working to improve their experience at Freedom. We will try to end group volunteer sessions with some time to interact with a dog. On weekends, we place most, if not all, of our dogs in foster homes. So there is a chance that weekend groups may not have a chance to play with a dog.
- Group volunteer shifts are between 9am and noon. We ask for a minimum two hour commitment.
- If your group is interested in volunteering with Freedom Service Dogs, we ask that you let us know at least 1 month in advance. Often we are scheduling two months or more in advance.
- Minimum age is 12. Youth volunteers younger than 14 must be accompanied by adults in a 1:1 ratio (1 children, 1 adult). Volunteers between 14 and 15 must be accompanied by adults in a 1:2 ratio. Freedom Service Dogs staff members or volunteers do not count towards this ratio.
- We also ask that groups stay relatively small (up to 10 for adults), unless we approve otherwise.
- Each volunteer must individually complete a Volunteer Release before participating. If a volunteer is under age 18, the release must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Volunteers should bring water or other drinks.
- Everyone must wear closed toe shoes. Volunteers without closed toe shoes will be unable to participate. Please dress in clothes that you do not mind getting dirty.
- If your group is interested or if you have questions, please email Ryan Holman at email@example.com.