Adopt a Rescue Dog
About Our Adoption Program
Rescuing dogs is core to what we do. These amazing animals are given a second chance at life and many will go on to graduate as a Service Dog.
However, in some cases, dogs are released from our training program because they either:
- do not have the temperament to become a service dog
- may be timid, easily distracted, or unable to resist chasing the occasional squirrel
- their x-rays or eye exams indicate they cannot complete service dog certification to help a physically disabled person in the long term
All dogs that come through our doors receive a second chance at life. Consider making a difference by adopting one of our rescue dogs:
- Click here fill out our online adoption form (easiest), or
- Download the Word version of our adoption application
- Download a PDF version of our adoption application
Cost to Adopt a Rescue Dog
FSD requests a minimum adoption fee of $300-$500 depending on the dogs level of training to help recover a portion of the medical and evaluation expense incurred with each dog.
All dogs are current on distemper combo, kennel cough, rabies vaccinations, have a microchip identification, and are spayed or neutered (unless otherwise noted). Most dogs have had eye examinations; many have had hip, shoulder, and elbow X-rays.