- Help returning war veterans and military personnel transition from active duty and combat to civilian life.
- Place highly specialized service dogs with active duty service members and veterans to help them find a new level of independence in their post-combat life.
- Offer innovative curriculum combining therapeutic group discussions with positive reinforcement based dog training to develop empathy and prosocial skills.
- Serve youth in a variety of settings ranging from traditional schools that have been targeted by the administration for bullying behavior to kids in lockdown facilities within the juvenile justice system.
Professional Therapy Dogs
- Train a therapeutic partner for a professional setting.
- Place therapy dogs with students seeking a graduate degree from the University of Denver in the Animal Assisted Social Work program, as well as professionals in the community who are already practicing therapists, psychologists, occupational therapists, and social workers.
Freedom Service Dogs, Inc. (FSD) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, physical or mental disability for the purpose of service, employment, membership, volunteering, or leadership.