Freedom Service Dogs is one of the only organizations in the United States to acquire dogs for our program primarily through shelters and rescues, custom train them for service, and provide them to clients at no cost.
Ways To Give
We offer several many options to donate. Please click on an option below to find out more.
Help Us Free a Hero to Save a Hero!
“I never thought I’d be in a situation in my life where I would need a service dog. When I started looking into it, I felt I could never afford one. Freedom Service Dogs stood out from the rest and is truly one of a kind. Now that I have Ripple I can say that among other things, he gives me a purpose in life again, a reason to get out of bed and experience life.”
– Patrick, retired military veteran
When Patrick medically retired after serving four years active duty in the U.S. Army, he wondered if a service dog could help him navigate the challenges of returning to civilian life. He also worried he couldn’t afford one.
After connecting with Freedom Service Dogs, Patrick was matched with Ripple, who was specially trained for Patrick’s unique needs by the professional trainers at FSD. The best part? Ripple was trained and provided to Patrick at no cost.
After only six months, Ripple has transformed Patrick’s life. Aside from providing mobility support, Ripple is learning to sense when Patrick is nearing a cardiac episode and go for help. He also helps Patrick be more active and social.
Over 90 people are still on the waitlist for a service dog from FSD. Your tax-deductible donation will help us rescue and train dogs for these people in need. You’ll free a hero to save a hero, transforming two lives.
Each of our dogs costs between $25,000 and $30,000 to rescue, house, medically care for, feed, and train. We rely solely on the support of the community and receive no government funding. Your donation today will make an immediate impact on the lives of our clients and their dogs.
Joining the Kibbles Club is an easy and convenient way for you to support Freedom Service Dogs.
Your monthly donation will provide the stable funding we need to continue our vital work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- $16 per month can provide a month’s supply of training treats for our dogs in training
- $28 per month can provide a custom, specialty harness
- $50 per month can provide one month of basic obedience training for a dog in the Prison Trained K-9 Companion Program
- $84 per month can provide our dogs in training with one month’s supply of much-needed medications and supplements
- $_____ per month can transform lives!
Donating stocks or securities is a great way to help Freedom Service Dogs while maximizing your tax position.
Gifts of this type are 100% free of capital gains and also eligible for income tax deductions (consult your advisor for details).
To transfer stock to the Freedom Service Dogs, please follow these instructions:
- Contact FSD’s broker and give them your name and address, number of shares and type of stock. Our broker is Charles Schwab.
PO Box 52114
Phoenix, AZ 85072
Phone number 800-435-4000
For online contacts access Schwab.com
- Inform Schwab you are transferring the stock to Freedom Service Dogs and give them FSD’s DTC# (0164).
- Please copy Kate Goble firstname.lastname@example.org 303-922-6231 x215 so FSD can track and process the gift.
Consider including Freedom Service Dogs in your estate plans!
Whatever your stage of life, and whatever your family and financial picture, there are flexible ways to plan a gift that can make you proud to leave a legacy that will change the lives of the people and dogs served by Freedom Service Dogs.
Let us help you understand how to make gifts through a bequest, a charitable gift annuity, trusts and other estate plans tools.
Kennel sponsorship provides a unique opportunity for individuals, families, community groups, and companies to support and help provide care for the dogs residing at our facility.
When you sponsor a kennel for $1,200, an engraved plaque with your name will be displayed on an FSD kennel for 12 months. Your tax-deductible donation of $1,200 will help cover the costs of vaccinations and medical care, food, shelter, grooming, and basic training for the dogs.
Donors supporting the Kennel Club will be recognized in the FSD annual report.
Why bother with the hassle of fixing up, advertising and selling your unwanted vehicle? Donate it instead!
Car donation is quick, easy and tax deductible. Cars Helping Charities in partnership with Advanced Remarketing Services do all of the work for you and 100% of the net proceeds go to Freedom Service Dogs. Your donation helps even if your car doesn’t run.
Click on the button below to fill out the form or call 1-866-701-2277 to donate your car today.
You can highly impact our mission by donating high need items listed below. Support of this nature is considered a gift in-kind and is eligible for tax deductions under charitable giving as defined by the IRS. Items in red are top priority needs.
You can purchase many of these items and more on our Amazon wishlist! FSD appreciates everyone who donates to us through Amazon. Please note, however, we are not told who the gift is from unless you choose to include a ‘gift note.’ If you do, we can send you back a thank you and receipt. We are VERY appreciative!
- Rope Toys (6” or larger)
- Leather leashes
- 6’ webbed leashes-Black
- 22″ and 24″ flat buckle collars
- PetSafe 3-in-1 Harnesses (M/L)
- Flat Fleece Dog Beds
- Dog beds fit for airline crates
- Dog beds fit for large metal crates
- Waterproof Dog beds and Covers
- Moist dog treats for training
- Bully Sticks
- Chewy Bones
- Canned Chicken
- Canned dog food (ground or pate)
- Plush dog toys (durable toys are best)
- Cow and pig ears
- Adaptil large and extra large dog collars
- Composure chews large dogs
- Rescue Remedy
- Pill Pockets
- Peanut Butter without xytitol
- Green beans – low/no sodium
- Low Sodium Chicken or Beef Broth
- Comfy Cone (size L and XL)
- Vet Wrap (4″)
- Elastikon Elastic Tape (3″)
- Johnson & Johnson Zonas Porous Tape (1″)
- Gauze Sponges (3″ x 3″ 12 ply)
- Earthbath – Oatmeal & Aloe Shampoo
- Dasuquin with MSM (Large dog soft chews or chewables)
- Pet Smart
- Home Depot
- Lewis & Bark
- Gas Cards
Workplace & Corporate Giving
The funds that Freedom Service Dogs receives from workplace contributions make a difference -a huge difference!
The funds that Freedom Service Dogs receives from workplace contributions make a difference—a huge difference!
If you are a federal or state government employee, or if your company conducts its own giving campaign, please consider designating Freedom Service Dogs to receive your workplace contributions. If you are a federal employee, you can participate in the annual Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), which runs from September 1 through December 15. Freedom Service Dogs’ designation number is 38158.
Freedom Service Dogs has created many partnerships in our community to help build our financial strength.
For more information regarding Workplace or Corporate Giving, please contact the Development Department at