Adopt a Rescue Dog
About Our Adoption Program
However, in some cases, dogs are released from our training program because they either:
- do not have the temperament to become a service dog
- may be timid, easily distracted, or unable to resist chasing the occasional squirrel
- their x-rays or eye exams indicate they cannot complete service dog certification to help a physically disabled person in the long term
All dogs that come through our doors receive a second chance at life. Consider making a difference by adopting one of our rescue dogs.
Interested in adopting? You’re invited to our next Adoptable Dogs Open House!
Freedom Service Dogs
7193 S Dillon Ct
Englewood, CO 80112
- We request a quick survey before meeting a dog instead of a full application
- Visit with the dog(s) you are interested in getting to know (if multiple people are interested in the same dog, there may be some wait time)
- If you like the dog – fill out an application!
- You will get a response within 24 hours from when you met the dog, and will have an additional 24 hours to pick him or her up from FSD.
Cost to Adopt a Rescue Dog
FSD requests a minimum adoption fee of $300-$500 depending on the dogs level of training to help recover a portion of the medical and evaluation expense incurred with each dog.
All dogs are current on distemper combo, kennel cough, rabies vaccinations, have a microchip identification, and are spayed or neutered (unless otherwise noted). Most dogs have had eye examinations; many have had hip, shoulder, and elbow X-rays.
Questions? Contact Chelsea Autrey at 303-922-6231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.